Call for Application for the 2018-2019 year have closed. Applications for the 2019-2020 year will open in April, 2019.
The LeadingAge Illinois Leadership Academy was created to develop leaders who are passionate, empowered, visionary and committed to life-long learning so they are able to successfully advocate for older adults while evoking excellence within their organizations. The class of fellows meets four times throughout the course of 8-9 months, all within the state of Illinois. It is an immersive experience in which you devote two days at a time each session that helps you:
- Understand the difference between leadership and management
- Finding your authentic leadership voice
- Learn how to be a coach and mentor
- Discover the secret of building trust at multiple levels—with others, within organizations and communities at large
- Building and leading teams
- Determine how to create an empowered and engaged team based on their strengths
- Explore your potential as a change agent
- Understand the five discovery skills which drive innovation and lead to creative new models of service
- Becoming an innovative and visionary leader
- Embrace a holistic approach to life and work for maximum effectiveness
*The program also includes planned tours of host communities so fellows may understand how each community puts into practice the learnings from the program. From time to time, a fellow may also invite their leadership academy group to tour their community. While this may be encouraged, these opportunities would be available and attended on a voluntary basis.
Who should attend:
It is recommended that you send emerging or current leaders from your organization which can include executives, directors, managers, and coordinators - it depends on the needs of YOUR organization. Only three people from one company may participate.
The registration fee is $2,750 for the full program (all four courses, a total of eight days). Registration includes all books, materials, handouts, breakfast, lunch and snack for all program days, community site tours, two group dinners, and graduation ceremony. Acceptance into the 2018-2019 program also provides you complimentary registration to the 2019 LeadingAge Illinois annual meeting, to be held April 2-4, 2019.